TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT
This booking of Entertainment Agreement is between the artist/s (or Artistes Representatives ) and Hirer, Promoter or Venue Management ; and is subject to all the terms listed herein. Parties accept herewith that they have received, understood and accepted the terms of business of Steve Martin Entertainments. This document represents the verbal agreement made on or before the issue date shown overleaf. No signature is required to bring this document into force. This Agreement constitutes a contract of employment of the services of the Artist/s by the hirer. The Negotiators of this agreement are Steve Martin Entertainments who act herewith as an Employment Agency, and issue this agreement to all parties involved in the making of this agreement.
1. Under this agreement the Artiste/s is/are responsible for his/her/their Income Tax and National Insurance.
2. It is required that artistes Arrival Times at Venues allow the Artiste/s to set up all equipment and properties used in his/her/their act, and set such equipment (including sound checking) in adequate time for the performance, or any foregoing item on this programme. If deemed necessary, the Artiste should make arrangements with the venue management to gain early access.
3. The Artiste agrees to supply a complete and adequate Sound System for all of his/her/their performance (unless otherwise advised in this agreement), and to operate the herein contracted performance/s in a self contained manner (unless otherwise stated herein).
4. The Venue Management reserves the right to view all publicity and marketing material used by the Artiste(s) before issue or use of such by the Artiste(s) in venue(s) named overleaf.
5. The Artiste/s is/are to perform his/her/their act , as known, as stated in the schedule of performance.
6. The Artiste/s accept/s legal responsibility for all musical, visual and spoken content. Artiste/s agree to conduct themselves at all times in a professional manner, which is deemed reasonable by the Venue Management.
7. Health and Safety: a) This agreement requires that the artiste/s and Hirer/Venue Management shall be responsible for their own Public Liability Insurance. (Parties to this agreement may require viewing of certification of such cover). b).The Artiste/s agree/s herewith to have a P.A.T. (Portable Appliance Test) certificate, for all equipment which will be using the Venue`s electricity supply. c). The Venue Management or Hirer agrees to supply a safe working environment and adequate dressing facilities for the Artise/s and to ascertain that there is adequate lighting on all steps, equipment loading areas etc., and that all stages and raised areas of work have a white strip on all drop edges.
8. The Artiste/s agree/s to pay Steve Martin Entertainments.,( The Agency) an agreed commission as per this confirmation agreement. Remittance to be made within seven days of invoice from the agency (Their Authorised Representatives or Executors), unless herein stated.
9. No negotiation of re-engagement of services of the Artiste/s shall be entered into between the Artiste/s and the Hirer/Venue Management without the consent of the aforementioned Employment Agency.
10. The Venue Management or Hirer guarantees that all Licensing Regulations have been adhered to, and that all necessary licensing requirements for the fulfilment of this agreement are in place.
11. Cancellation : Any Cancellation of this agreement shall be sent to Steve Martin Entertainments., by Recorded Mail. Cancellation by either party shall be subject to the consent of all parties concerned. a) Cancellation by the Venue Management or Hirer, shall result in the Venue Management or Hirer becoming responsible For the agreed Agency commission/s on the fee/s set out overleaf, for booking work done on their behalf, and may result in the Artiste/s claiming their full contract fee/s from the Venue Management or Hirer. b) Cancellation of this agreement by the Artiste/s may result in the Artiste/s paying the Agency agreed commission/s; The Hirer may wish to take action against the Artiste for publicity costs, loss of earnings, etc. c) Should the Artiste/s need to cancel due to sickness or accident, the Artiste/s is/are required to supply a medical certificate, or any official confirmation of the necessity of cancellation. d) Should the Artiste/s be unable to fulfil this engagement, the Agency undertakes to endeavour to replace the Artiste/s with a substitute of similar calibre, upon agreement with Venue Management / Hirer.
12. The Artiste/s guarantees that he/she/they are not contracted in any way which may affect him/her/them from fulfilling this agreement, and will enter into no such agreement.
13. Should this agreement be for a band or unit of personnel the addressee (or representative) for the unit accepts responsibility for all members of the band/unit in all terms expressed herein, including Agency commissions.
14. Should the contracted Artiste/s be (a) Childrens Entertainer/s The Venue Management or Hirer agrees that a responsible adult person will be in attendance at all times between arrival and departure of the Artiste/s.
15. The Artiste/s (or their representative/s) are to contact Steve Martin Entertainment., within 4 days of the herein contracted date/s, to verbally reaffirm agreement details, ascertain geographical direction, etc. Failure to do this may invalidate this agreement with the Artiste/s (or their representatives), and the Artiste/s may be replaced at the discretion of the Employment Agency.
16. Should this agreement include the Artiste/s agreeing a ‘no pick up’ fee; The Agency will pay the Artiste/s within ten days of receipt of the fee/s from the Venue Management/Hirer/Promoter.
17. Should the Artiste/s not be able to complete the scheduled performance due to Force Majeure (Fire, Flood, Storm Damage, Strikes, War, or National Mourning etc.,) which directly affects the Venue or Hirer, the Artiste will not be paid the agreed salary; there may however be negotiation to mitigate loss of earnings. Steve Martin Entertainments., (The Employment Agency), act as Agency for both the Hirer/Venue Management and the Artiste/s. The Agency is the negotiator in the above agreement. Every reasonable Safeguard for all parties, is guaranteed by Steve Martin Entertainments.